Wednesday 9 November 2011

Owl Pillow Project

Giggle & Hoot
My youngest daughter (who will be turning two soon) is a HUGE fan of Giggle & Hoot. When we recently moved her into a 'big girl' bed I thought it would be cute to have a Giggle & Hoot bed for her. Unfortunatly there were no Giggle & Hoot bed sets available, so I did the next best thing. We managed to find a cute bed sheet set that had little owls all over it. It was cute but it still needed some extra pizzazz. After looking everywhere for some owl pillows or stuffed owls I came up with a solution. I went to our local arts/crafts/sewing supply store and found a baby quilt panel with owls that closely matched the ones on the sheet set. This is what I did with it.



Baby quilt panel and backing fabric
I cut up the quilt panel and used some of the images
to make pillows and some to make little stuffed owl
toys to cuddle. I bought backing fabric in matching colors but I also used some of the scraps from the quilt panel as backing as well. From the three owls on the branch I made a baby sized body pillow. The owl in the blue circle became a round throw pillow. The large green owl became an owl toy with contrast backing and the two little owls I sewed together to make a reversible owl toy. Together with her owl sheets and blanket and her stuffed Hoot toy it makes a cute little ensemble. The best part is SHE LOVES IT!


Kiarra lovin her new bed :D

The backs of the pillows I made

The pillows I made
Kiarra's new bed
Kiarra's cute pillows

No comments:

Post a Comment